Friday, February 16, 2007

Can girl and boy become best friend forever?

From the above topic, what do you think? Can different gender become best friend and keep their friendship forever without further down into another level?

A few days ago, I have this topic in mind so I take it out as a conversation with some friend of mine. He strongly agrees that guy and gal will not be best friend only. Some day, they will fall in love with each other and end up become couple. Some of my friend also said that, your best friend is your spouse. So, that actually concludes the whole topic of the above question.

Last time when I was in a relationship, I agree with different gender will never becomes best friend only but now, my stand is no longer that strong but a little bit doubt here and there. After trails and difficulties, your perspective on certain things will change. Why two different genders cannot become best friends? I personally have a few boys’ friends that consider close to me and we share everything.

Some people will agree that, if you broke up in your past relationship, and both of you become friends again and he or she might able to be your best friend forever only with the condition that one of them is attached with someone else. Two single persons will not become best friend. Do this statement valid?

Some people will said that maybe girls will be ok with it having a male friend as their best friend because most of the girls have motherly love and unconditional love to give and share with people around them. But as for guys….they will not invest something that is not his thing or no benefit at all. Is that true in guys’ point of view? Ones a guy treat you more than normal friend, it mean something more than friend and they expect something more than friend. How true is that statement?

Honestly, my point of view is nothing is impossible and nothing is certain. Like one of my friends said that, she will not choose her best friend to be her boyfriend. I asked her, why? She answered me, I have no idea but it just seems weird. As for me, I don’t think it’s weird but I will said, I don’t choose my best friend to be my boyfriend because I cherish the friendship. I don’t hope that I myself am the one that cherish the friendship a lot and I am the one that ruin the friendship at last. Maybe some other will said that it depends on how you define the word “ best friend” and others will said that it depends on what you want and how you see things. Well, what do you think? Can different gender become best friend forever that share everything without further down? Maybe can, but a very thin line. Do drop your comment….

**Can or cannot**

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well written post from Miss Liau (**Bravo Bravo** **Clap Clap**)

**Can or cannot**
My answer: Cannot (Just my opinion. To rest of the readers: Please don’t shoot me with your AK47 or bazooka :P)

**Why two different genders cannot become best friends?**
Of course they can... the question is how long can they remain Best friend status?
Definition of “Best” = Most excellent; Greatest; Unsurpassed; rather than GOOD
I strongly agree that different gender can remain GOOD friends BUT not BEST friends.

Quoted from your post “Some of my friend also said that, your best friend is your spouse.”. I strongly agree on that.

You personally have a few boys’ friends that consider close to you and y’all share everything doesn’t mean you and those guys are “Best” friend. In my opinion, you guys are just good friends.

“Blah blah blah... that one of them is attached with someone else. Two single persons will not become best friend. Do this statement valid?”
I agree on the condition whereby one of them attached with someone else. But still.. they will not become the “best friend” relationship that they had before… they can only be good friends after breakup.. Well.. I do.. (only good friend with my EX)

It’s not guys always do things with intention. Some guys really love or help the opposite sex out of a sincere heart (without any intention of going after you). But I think most guys LOVE are kinda limited. For example, I have 2 GOOD girls’ friends say A and B. Sooner or later, me and A become best friend and B remain my GOOD friend. As time goes by and we meet more than usual, I fall in love with my friend here A. I can never share my love evenly with A and B like last time anymore.. If I share the love to B like I share my love to A.. A must be thinking..you love me or you love B? (girls.. don’t you think so?)

Aren’t you gonna choose a guy or a girl from a list of friend which is the “BEST” rather than just a “Good” friend? (let’s assume “BEST” only to a person.. not few “BEST” friends. Cos if you have few “BEST” friends… It’s not considered as BEST anymore)

Enough said…
Cheers…

Anonymous said...

yeah.. i agree with chee leong. 2 singles of the opposite sex js cannot be best friends. after a while, they will realise tht they wanna be more than js best friends cos of their compatibility... and 'ngamness'. the way they make each other feel. safe...trusted..secure...dependable..strong...
Anyway.. that is my opinion la...unless the guy is gay..haha! ok lah... take care, n God bless ya. Love ya babe.

Anonymous said...

Cannot...
Cannot mean Cannot!
that's the fact! Enough!
I'm going to "fever" if I think can or cannot or can or cannot again... Enough...
WCL Win...

D@nnY {-.-"} said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
D@nnY {-.-"} said...

hehe, it's time for me to drop something on ur comment box lio..

For my opinion, there's no definate answer for this question, it depends very much on individual.. Let me explain this..

When 2 different parties(male & female) spend too much time together, like it or not, either one will like the other party. Why? Somehow, it can't be explain. Just like why cow must eat grass and tiger must eat meat and not the other way round.

Hmm, maybe can be explain a little bit lar.. Put it in this way, no matter how bad a person is, there's still a good side of the person. Because 2 parties spend much time on understanding each other, somehow, they will able see the good side of it and due to that, maybe, they started to like one another or one sided love. I'm jus assuming here ya..

Well, there's also possibility as well that they can become best friend. It happened when both parties have the same common understanding. Like what jenny said. She don't wish her best friend to become her boyfriend. Why? Because she doesn't want to spoil the relationship. Actually, honestly speaking from my point of view, there's no guarantee that couples can be together forever even husband and wife. But friendship is different. They can stay together forever. Maybe not forever best friend, eh, if i started again, it's very long topic. haha.


Conclusion, can or cannot depends very much on individual. hahaha.. Do i gave u the answer? haha..

JennyWong said...

I am glad that there are peoples that drop down their comment. Appreciate it my friends…..

Wow, I can see that some of you, your stand is so strong. It’s ok; I still accept your comments and respect your comments. 

From WCL comment, “Let’s assume “BEST” only to a person…not few “BEST” friends, coz if you have a few “BEST” friends ….. It’s not considered as BEST anymore”. This, I strongly agree but there is also a possibility that we have more than one best friends. Maybe two? Maybe three? Maybe the word “BEST” has its different definition for certain people because everyone has their own definition for certain words and thing. There are people that manage to have two or three best friend and the way that he/she treats them different but he/she does give the same amount of love and care.

I would said that can or cannot is actually a very thin line and like what d@nny commented it depends on individual. There is no can or cannot because there are people who can become best friend with different gender and yet there are not together. Yes, there is always a big possibility that different genders that are best friend will become couple when they get along with each other so often because I believe that it has been proven.

As for me, I will say that, if both parties clearly know what they want, for sure there will be a line of friendship before they reach couple status and because of their clear focus, they will stay away from that line. How long? That would be another topic because no one knows what will happen in the future and we have no right to predict what will happen for both person in the future. This doesn’t mean that boy and girl couldn’t become best friend forever. Anyway, I would say that there is a possibility that different gender becomes best friend and yet they stay best friend forever. The possibility is so low and yet there is still some possibility and that depends on each individual and it depends on situation as well.

Can or cannot, it’s a very thin line.

Anonymous said...

No worries. GOD will assign the best of the best spouse for u. maybe he/she is your best friend, good friend, enemy or a stranger. once HE had assign for u then u never ever can say NO and don't think about that you might run away from his *5 fingers mountain*.

God has his own time, own desire and plan for everyone of us which is wonderful, meaningful and desirable. =)

Merci!!
Au Revoir ma amie!!

momojoe said...

Actually, everyone has different thoughts and perspectives for this kind of question. I've just been through this and I suffered a lot also. We both know that we can't be together forever and that is why we chose to be best friend. She suggested this also, but do I really want this ? Does it worth ? I mean for me to become a best friend of her from couple. Frankly, guys are selfish and would like to control and take over her when in couple state. and how bout now ? We've become best friend as we agreed lately, but my heart still pain as hell.. I think I still need time to get over from this one. Obviously, girls are also selfish and no offense , coz they do not want to lose you but at the sametime, they just don't wanna be your girlfriend. and.. the truth is, bestfriends never break up ! Correct me if I'm wrong... Thats the truth, the truth that no one wishes to know and realize.