Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Giving thanks

Actually, to give thanks everyday is not an easy task. But I will always remind myself to give thanks when certain things break my heart after I been through some heart broken situation.

Yesterday, I get a very sad new and I cried after I heard it. Maybe for certain people, it doesn’t really matter because money can earn again but for me, it’s hard. I am not from a rich family and my parent has taught me to use money wisely. Whenever I see something that I love, many things will go through my mind. Questions such as worth or not, what it’s for, it’s a need or a want, when can I use this and it goes on.

But yesterday incident literally break my heart. I kept myself silent with tears dropping down.

In the few minutes of silent, I was amaze that I am counting my blessing and giving thanks. I give thanks that I able to experience the pain and the understanding. I give thanks that I understand that what matters is not the material but life. I give thanks that I able to see my own heart and I able to reflect myself with the situation that I am in.

In fact, it has strengthened me and reminded me again that money is not everything and God owns everything. He can give, he can take away. Will I still give thanks and trust Him? I found my answer.

It has deepened my trust in Him. Sometimes, things happen to inform us that actually, we are stronger than we think. God knows what we can take it but we don’t know.

** Stronger than you think **

No comments: