Monday, August 03, 2009

Learning to love


Everyone will agree that love is the greatest gift of all. Some quotes said that to be able to love and to be love in return is the sweetest feeling. God is love… and God place a deep desire for us to receive love and to love others in our life.

But love is also the most difficult lesson to learn. As I drank my coffee and have a few biscuit for breakfast this morning, my mind started to mediates on yesterday sermon. These past few weeks, we’ve been studying the book of 1 John. Repeated sermon is shared and all summarize into one word – LOVE.

When you have everything and yet no Love, it’s equals to nothing. Interesting isn’t it?

Sitting there and listening to the sermon, a friend of mine said, “We read this passage before”. I replied, “Ya, 1 John is about love and love is the most difficult thing to learn on earth”. Then she said, “Ya, and you still love Danny that much.” I paused for awhile and said, “Ya, I still love him so much”.

Someone said that to love someone that you love is easier than to love someone that you don’t like at all. As for me, I think that to love someone that I love so much is difficult and to love someone that I don’t like at all is also difficult and I concluded it as, love is never easy.

I used to be someone that loves to share my thought. But as I grow, I started to be share less, talk less and even love less. When you experience pain before, it’s not that easy to just give your heart to someone because you learn to protect yourself and be defensive. The same goes to me. I find myself stop sharing when I started to realize that when I shared, people start to conclude me the way they thought. Even with the closest people in my heart, I seldom shared. With not sharing, I started to slowly withdraw myself from love. Love is the last opinion I will take in the whole relationship or friendship. These few weeks sermon has really gives me a big challenge and struggle.

** May God give courage **

No comments: