Sunday, May 21, 2006

Be grateful and live simple




Last Friday, I get to know that I got a second increment. Praise the Lord!!!~~ I got my first increment when my company confirmed me and that is a high increment. Although this time my increment are not so high but it is still a blessing from God. Thank God…

Actually the whole department got increment because this is what my lady boss promised to them but not me a few months ago because I just got my increment not long ago that time. My lady purposely freezes their increment and wants the whole department to show her that they can work and they deserve it. So, they don’t get increment in the early of the years where by a lot of department get theirs.

It should be good news but yesterday this good news suddenly turns into bad news. Two of my colleagues are not satisfied with their increment and they try to put negative and discourage words. When I try to turn discourage and negative word into positive, I realize that human nature are selfish. Human will always think about themselves first and will never get satisfy. I get very frustrated in human beings. I though myself, why can’t they live simple, and be grateful for what they have now instead of looking back, complaining, comparing, and discouraging one another? Isn’t that they should encourage one another in order to grow stronger?

Currently, I’ve just finish watching one drama series. I don’t know what title is it because it is written in Chinese but it’s about lawyer. Actually, being a lawyer is tough and it’s stressful. If a faithful Christian is not strong in his/her spiritual foundation, it will be easy for him/her to leave God and to be who he/she wants to be. But if the lawyer is a Godly lawyer, he/she might have self conflict. By the way, this drama series is meaningful. It reminds me again that life is fun, life is full of choices. There is a man in the drama series who is the leader of the family; he said in that movie, I can choice to be a happy and unhealthy person or healthy but unhappy person but as for him, he choice to be a happy and optimistic unhealthy person.

It is true in what he said, people that are rich doesn’t mean that they are happy while people that are poor seems to have more joy although they have worries in their mind. This movie again reminds me to be a positive person. To think positive and to act positive. In every circumstance, good and bad always come together and it is a challenge to keep positive and happy while things go the other way round. In the movie, there is also one part that the daughter quarrels with her mother and talks something harsh about her father. Later, her father heard what their conversation said and the mother asked the father, am I doing the wrong thing? His father didn’t get upset or angry with the daughter but encourage his wife and saying that sometimes, what we gain is what we loss and what we loss might be what we gain. He turn the whole discourage word into a positive and strong word. He said that, if not because he heard it from her daughter, he won’t realize that his wife is such a wonderful person that support him no matter what happen. In another way, he gets the reminder from the argument.

Would it be good if people will get as positive as he? Maybe you can say that most of the movies are to cheat people and to get people into their fantasy world and to relax. But as for me, this movie didn’t bring me into my fantasy world but it takes me back the importance of being an optimistic person. It is so true that, God give us free will choice where by we can choice to be happy, sad, negative or a positive person. To live simple or to live a life with all kinds of requirement and it will never be fulfilling. To be an easy to satisfied person or to be a person that never gets satisfied. Why don’t we leave simple, be grateful and get satisfy easily so that in another way round, we can be a positive and joyful person?

A person without God can be a happy and optimistic person, then a person that walk together with God are supposed to a joyful and full of courage each day to face the journey of life because we have the most important one in our life that is our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. What else we want when we already have the Lord?

No comments: