Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A thought from a friend

The sky turn dark, thunder sound and the wind started to blow windy while I’m still rushing at my routine job in the office yesterday before the clock tick to 5pm. When the time reaches 5pm… my heart no longer stay in the office. I want to go home… screamed out loud

Since it’s still raining, I just browse through my friends’ blog and read about her day. Everyday I’ll click on her blog to get her latest update and to get her latest information. I just like to read someone else journey of life to reflect myself on certain things.

She started to share about her grown up, her expectation and people’s expectation toward her. The more I read about her thought, I have this thought about her and about the about myself.

After finish my reading, I decided to have a walk back home under the rain. Normally, I took 15 to 20 minutes to walked back to my place but yesterday; I took 30 minutes to reach home. I walked slowly to think about what she wrote and about people’s expectation. I asked myself, have I ever expect something from someone without my conscious? I guess I did. If not, it won’t disturb my emotion.

Expectation… since I have it with someone I guessed that someone will do have the same expectation from me. Did I manage to fulfill what they expect? Who am I to expect what I should get from them? Why will I expect? And the question goes on….

God made us to hunger for love, care and attention. Sometimes, without my realization, I crave for people to love me, to praise me, to care for me and to have their attention on me. I guessed this is why I will shed my tears when I didn’t get what I expect. After all, no one can totally know what your expectation.

With this conclusion, I started to thank God and ask Him to guide my heart. To set my concept right about God’s blessing and to count my blessing and to give Him praises.

Walking back alone with an umbrella is not a bad experience after all. At least, I’m walking with my Nike slipper and it’s comfortable. With a grateful heart, I found reason to give thanks although the sky seems dark and rains drop down from heaven. With this, I learn to give thanks although things don’t come my way.

**************************

On the same day, I experience two different things that I never plan to do. Other than walked myself home under the rain, I get to ride motorcycle all the way from Sunway to Cheras for about 45 minutes. A terrified experience, but I have fun. Get myself a minor injure but I manage to show my love is more than words and to be there whenever I can.


** My thought**

No comments: