Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Potato Chicken

Cooking can be very inspiring… When I try to cook things that I never cook before, it’s exciting… But if I failed, it’s disappointing at the same time, I will be motivated again by Danny Wong to cook again and again so that it will be improve and better.
Last two days, I tried potato chicken. The first time, I failed because it the bottom part got burned. The second time, I consider it not satisfying because the potato is not soft enough. So, gonna try the third one after I got the cover for the wok.

** Potato Chicken **

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The soften of the potato also very much depends on the potato "species".. so, don't get discouraged.

Btw, Potato is like the corn fla, so it will stick to the "wok" easily and get burn. So, you need to stir it on and off.. the fire cannot be too big too. :)

Love,
Lui Zi

Unknown said...

Ur bro here: Mom's Tip

Marinate the chicken for 2 hour (in the fridge or etc) with salt, pepper, soy sauce, black soy sauce and oyster sauce.

Dice some onion (plus garlic if u want too).

Cut the potatoes into wedges look, then fry them in quite a lot oil till the potatoes got brown skins like mom's one.Then take it over.

Put lil oil, fry the onions a while till it fragrance then put the marinated chicken into it. Cook a lil while and then put a cup of water into the mixture.

Put the fried potato into the mixture. See the Kuah got enough taste or not (normally marinated chicken is enough but if not enough, can put some black soy sauce plus oyster sauce, dun overload it)

Stir it up and cover the wok. Cook around 20 - 30 minutes. Can stir it sometimes.

Then serve with some spring onion or etc.

I just reach a lil into mom cook taste only so far.

(recomended use Holand Potato)