Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Feeling? Commitment? Which come first?


One fine day in my working place, I wrote an email to my dear best friend in Australia. I suddenly touch on the topic commitment and feeling. As I wrote the letter longer and longer, I also thought about the issue of commitment myself. The word “Commitment” is such a big word for certain people. A friend of mine said that she never thought about marriage because she doesn’t want a commitment. For the word “Commitment” itself not only to love but it can also apply to our friendship, our job, our hobbies, or even writing this blog of mine are a commitment for me.

I started to learn about commitment when I was in the age of 16. Although a bit young, but this word do bring me to another level of my life on the things that I should be doing. Commitment holds me to continue to dance to God with my whole body and commitment hold my relationship with my boyfriend for about 7 years. Sometimes, I do complain with my friends surround me saying that to continue this about 7 years relationship is really tiring and frustrating because it’s been too long. Where are we heading to and what next?

Everything come with good and bad, so does our relationship. But as time goes by, our maturity grow, both me and my boyfriend realize that our love cannot survive if only depends on the feeling for each other. What we have today is a blessing from God and also commitment holds us together. Sometimes, we can have no feeling for each other but still we love and miss each other so much. Sound ridiculous? I think so. It’s true and that is the only way and only reason we are still together.

Our pastor said that, after the wedding bells of one couple then it will be the beginning of their love story. Before that, was only the preview of the movie. Hmmm…sound interesting and it sound scary too. Can you imagine that after 7th years of giving and suddenly you know that it is only the introduction, not even go into the chapter one in our love story?

This is the fact, and yet I choose to believe that. Now, all I can do is to wait for my day to come and wait for the beginning of our story.

1 comment:

vynn-may said...

hmm,it's interesting what pastor said. after marriage only the begining of the story.
last time, i dunno about commitment, get to know after starting my relationship with Him, thanks God and thankyou,for bringing me to this new way in my life.
;)