Thursday, February 23, 2006

Love your job? Hate your job?


Some people said that between loves and hate, there is a thin line. Other people said, love equal to hate. You hate him/her means that you love him/her and if you love him/her, you will hate him/her in another way also.

Hmmm, do this definition still valid if I applied it into love or hate your job? As I am sitting in my office now and try to figure out, what am I doing here if I don’t like this job? But if you want me to choose to go and find another job again or sit in this office to continue to do the things that I don’t like, I rather stay here than throw myself out again to search for another job. This is what make me headache.

I don’t know why I put myself into this struggle. If you ask me, do you know what you want for your life? I know what I want. If you ask me again, do you know what job you want to do that will make you wake up every morning full of meaning and excitement? Then I don’t know where to find that answer. I don’t even know what kind of job I like to do. Living in this kind of cross road for some time really makes me feel tired and hopeless for my future. When I think about my future, I begin to worry. This job of mine is the third job. The first job, I work in a bank. I found it bored and not interesting at all. Difficult to get high paid also. The second job of mine, I work in a small company that in charge of small things mostly are like admin job. This time, I work in HR Department but found out that is bored too because I keep on doing a routine job every month. Human are hard to satisfy, I agree with that. Only God can satisfy us, also agree with that.

Indeed it is a blessing from God if one person got to choose a job that he/she like it so much and it would not burden him/her everyday but will make him/her wake up every morning with a heart full of excitement.

If the things that I am doing are boring but the people surround me are great, maybe my worry and stress will reduce. Now seems that, my surrounding area have good and bad people. Again, it bring me to a mood that sometimes good, sometimes just feel like finish all my things and quickly pack up my stuff and leave. What else can I do now since that I can’t figure out where should I go next? All I can do is to continue to work here and gain more experience and find my interest. I pray that God will give me Joy as I continue to work here and guide my heart.

1 comment:

vynn-may said...

not so sure whether hate and love are equal or even only divided by a thin line. n, i not even sure about how's the feeling of you facing at. agree with what you said, pray lo,i think HE will provide le. ;)

*wink wink**