Wednesday, March 08, 2006

How we define life

Today my mom called me and tell me that one of my aunt might have lung cancer because when she go and x-ray her lung, the doctor found out that there is one shadow in her lung that might be a tumor or cancer. Tomorrow, my result will be out and I feel emotional now but and I told myself, who I am to compare with I compare it with people that are facing life and death now.

I get a bit sad when I got to know that because this aunt of mine is a close relative of us and she take care of us since we are babies. She watched us grow, become adult and continue to care about our career and life.

Life seems to be so short and meaningless when I get to know this news. Her age not yet reach 50 but she has to suffer this kind of pain and fear in her life. I called her just now and I can hear that from her tone, that she is so fearful and helpless. I advice her that the only thing we can do now is to pray to God and only God can help us.

It suddenly remind us that we should spend more time with our love’s one instead of our career. What for if we gain the whole world but no one to share our happiness and joy? What for if we have everything but we lost the love’s of our life? What else is the meaning of life? Life can be so short and yet it can be so meaningful. It can be another way round too.

As I thought a bit deeper, life is really precious. It’s more precious than silver or gold. I don’t understand why some people rather to commit suicide than to continue to face their challenge? Some people beg God everyday and hope that their life will be a little bit longer, in another side; people are taking their life away just like that because they can no longer face tomorrow.

Life can be so difficult and yet it can be so wonderful and beautiful. As for me, life is about a piece of drawing that only God is in control. In the early stage of the drawing, it might be ugly, plain and meaningless. As the creator continues to draw the picture, when it is finish, it will be a picture that worth a million words and it will be a perfect picture. Sometimes, we might hate black color but that is the only way for us. When we have another blue and white, it will again brighten our day. It only depends on us how we see the value of life.

Oh Lord, please grand everyone’s of us courage as we will face each day full of challenge. Guide our heart that we live everyday full of meaning and wonderful memories. That when our time is here, we have no regret in our life but joy that we can finally meet each other.

No comments: