Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Fast and pray


Today is the first day of our 40 days fast and prayer for the lent season. Hmmm… how do I feel now? I do feel excited and a bit worry because not only that I fast a meal a day but I fast drama series and TV as well. If anyone knows me well, they should know that I like to watch drama series and movie a lot. So, should I continue to be excited? Anyway, I still feel excited. Excited because the whole church is fasting and praying, worry because I scared I can’t stand until the 40th days. I remember last few years that our church have these 40 days fast and prayer, I joined the whole church to fast and pray together but I failed. So, I do pray that God will give me strength and self-control to stand strong in the midst of struggle ness and temptation that I can seek His face and touch by God personally.

Well, what should I pray for? Let me think… In these 40 days of transformation, I would like to learn more about humility and different breakthrough. It won’t be easy because there will be a lot of strong hold that try to break you down. But I am not afraid and willing to take up the challenge to pray for my family, my love’s one, my church my nation and myself. Wow, it gonna be excited. So, why not we encourage one another? When one person falls down, the other will pick him/her up and continue and enjoy in the midst of suffering.

The very first thing that I would like to pray for is to pray for myself. I pray that God will teach my to humble myself. Humility is a very difficult lesson. Someone took his or her whole life to learn to humble and use by God. I hope that I don’t need to talk my whole life to learn humility.

Just now, my church has a pray meeting to stir up our spirit to pray together as we start the first day of this excited event. It is a good prayer meeting that we can draw close to God again and pray for the church. After the meeting, as usual I went home and prepare myself to rest. Before that, I chat with a brother online in MSN. He said that he would be jobless soon because of the ceased contract. The more we talk about job, the more we release how ridiculous this world had become.

SPM Cert + Working Experience = High Pay
Diploma Cert + Little Working Experience = Normal Pay
Degree Cert + No Working Experience = Jobless / Low Pay


In another way round, study business came out and work in a restaurant or study IT came our work as a sales executive. What is wrong with us? What is wrong with this world? The higher you study, the lower pay you get because almost everyone is a degree holder. What make you so special? Some of the employers now think that, you work with me like a cow with low pay or you continue jobless because I don’t care, a lot more people want a job like this. Many people said that if they know working experience is that important, they should start to work at the first place.

Of course, there are good employers too. But how long we take to find that good company and employers? Speechless…

What can we do now? Just kneel down and pray to God and pray that the Lord will provide...

No comments: